Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)

All domestic and commercial buildings in the UK available to buy or rent must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you own a home, getting an energy performance survey done could help you identify ways to save money on your energy bills and improve the comfort of your home.

Surveying Cymru can mobilise our qualified energy assessors to undertake an energy survey on any type of building across the UK:

What commercial premises must now display an EPC?

An EPC must be displayed in a prominent place so as to be clearly visible to visiting members of the public in commercial buildings that are:

1.Over 500 square metres, and

2.Frequently visited by the public (ie where the public has an implied or express licence to enter the building and is regularly visited by members of the public.  There is specific DECC guidance on this classification.)

Issues may arise in establishing who is responsible for satisfying the duty in multi-let buildings, with the guidance stating that the ‘occupier’ of the building is responsible for the commission and display the EPC. It seems logical for individual tenants to display their own valid EPC to prevent falling foul of this provision.

At Surveying Cymru we are happy to help with any queries and arrange your EPC or CEPC at your convenience.